Friday, May 22, 2009

4 blinds!

Woo-hoo, we're running 4 blinds!

Well, technically I'm not, Kane is. :-) I'm so excited!

Now that he runs four blinds with a heel and sit in between each, we have started alternating with no heel and sit, just a direct send to the next blind between 1 and 2, then a heel sit between 2 and 3, and a heel sit between 3 and 4. So far so good.

We have finally also formed a REAL Schutzhund USA club: Piedmont Schutzhund Club. We have our affiliation trial on Saturday June 6 and we hope to have a real trial in November, maybe.
The affiliation trial is a mock trial, so Kane and I have entered for the BH which will be a practice run before the real thing. I'm getting a bit nervous, I think. The BH is obedience and "temperament" testing only making sure Kane is not nervous around other dogs, people, cars and bicycles.

I still have to learn the pattern for the obedience - guess what I'll be doing this weekend????!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Wonderful picture as usual. I don't think GSDs can take bad pics do you? I bet Kane loves the times when he doesn't have to stop in between but gets the command to just go. Yeehaw!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Kane, did you train this weekend or were you busy supervising your mommy making cakes? :)

Love,
Sam & June

Lena said...

Dear Sam and June - I was off over memorial day weekend, but no worries... I will return in full force.
After all, mom and I have a (mock) trial to prepare for - June 6!
(Don't mention this to her, but she is really getting nervous)

Love,

Kane